Beginning in 1932…
John F. Martin, founder of John F. Martin and Sons, Inc. was a struggling farmer seeking to pay his debts. To do this he began raising produce and poultry for resale at a market stand in Philadelphia. After 21 years of travel, he decided to open a butcher shop and market stand locally and then in 1961 established John F. Martin and Sons to sell fine meat products throughout Pennsylvania.
Although still surrounded by gorgeous farmland, the company has undergone expansions to the original Stevens, PA facility growing the plant to over 83,000 square feet with a state-of-the-art processing and packaging facility as well as a solar array. In addition, a brand new 190,000 square foot facility has opened in Womelsdorf, PA to accommodate the growing bacon line production needs.
Today, the fourth generation of John F. Martin and Sons, Inc. continues to follow on the original commitment to providing only the finest meat and cheese products.