John F. Martin & Sons is a family owned manufacturer that makes some of the most delicious meats and cheese products you’ve ever tasted! Yeah, better ingredients make a good product but it’s really our team that makes them great. That’s where you come in! With both Full-Time and Part-Time positions available, we’re flexible to help keep that work/life balance you’ve got going on. We make sure if you become part of our family, we take care of you like family. That means growing like one, keeping you safe like one, and of course supporting you like family. Still interested? We’d love to meet you! Here are some positions where we could use your talents:
NEW POSITIONS NOW AVAILABLE
REPORTING TO BOTH WOMELSDORF & STEVENS FACILITIES
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors
- Analyzes and processes accounts payable in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to departmental procedures
- Comparing purchase orders, prices, terms of payment and other charges
- Codes such items as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Prepares check requests, wire transfers, and ACH transactions.
- Handling accounts payable for separate entities and vendors
- Handle vendor correspondence
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices.
- Reconciles various accounts on a monthly basis, bringing any discrepancies to the attention of the Accounting Manager.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries.
- Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
- Assist in compiling information for year end and audits.
- Additional Responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience with full processing of invoices – inventory and non-inventory.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Experience with Accounting ERP system and other accounting software programs.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail a must
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least three – five years of related experience required.
- Familiar with EDI system a plus
- MS Outlook, Excel, and Word experience
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines
Job Type: Full-time
Salary is based on experience
4 day workweek from 2:30 pm – 1:00am
Come Join the John F. Martin team…
- Consistent & reliable attendance.
- The ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- A good understanding of health and safety and basic hygiene rules.
- Good powers of observation to spot problems with produce the ability to maintain. Concentration for repetitive tasks.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- A good team working skills and the ability to work alone a willingness to work flexibly.
Will train on the job.
2nd shift position – 4:00pm – 1:30am
3rd shift position – 9:30pm – 6:00am
Are you looking for a stable career with a growing company?
Then join our team at John F. Martin and Sons!
John F. Martin & Sons, LLC, is a 3rd/4th generation, family owned manufacturer & distributor of quality meat & cheese products. We are committed to the satisfaction, safety, well-being, and professional development of our employees. If you’re looking for a stable career with a dedicated employer that has a proven track record for success and is continuously growing, we welcome you to join our team!
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced refrigerated warehouse environment, and capable of lifting 50 lbs. on a frequent basis.
- Order Picking of Customer Orders & Replenishment
- Operate Forklift & Pallet Jacks
- Loading & Unloading Trailers
- Inbound & Outbound Paperwork / RF Scanner / Basic Computer Skills
Salary Based on Experience – Starting at $20.00 + Shift differential of 7%
Benefits – available after 60 days
Room for advancement, Promotes from within the operation, Medical Insurance, Dental and Vision insurance, 401K Retirement and employer match, Employee Wellness, Life Insurance/AD&D, Short Term Disability, PTO, Referral & Incentive Programs, & other fringe benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
All About The Benefits
Sure, working here is pretty amazing, but the perks? Oh well that is just the cherry on top! We start it off with an excellent benefit plan, opportunities to advance, and did we mention that we’re an essential business? But let’s not forget the best part…. Bringing work home with you! No not like that. We are happy to offer all of our employees a discount on our products so you can enjoy them at home with your own family. Just at a quick glance, here are some of the perks we have to offer:
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
Additional Insurance Options:
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability Ins.
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity